DIOCESE OF DULUTH: MISSION OF OUR CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Our Catholic schools exist to advance the religious education, formation and service ministries of the Catholic Church. We welcome children into loving Catholic faith communities where religious instruction and faith formation are integrated into all our programs.
We value each student as a special and cherished child of God. Our curriculum, classroom instruction and school activities challenge the children to achieve academic excellence, embrace and actively live the Gospel message and make a positive contribution to our Church and society.
The Catholic schools maximize the children’s potential for future success. More importantly, we foster motivated life-long Christian disciples to lead and serve our parishes, communities and world.
Marquette Catholic Elementary School is dedicated to academic excellence formed in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Sacramental life of the Catholic Church. Marquette nurtures each child's growth in knowledge, faith and Christian stewardship fostering a life of holiness and virtue.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To provide a spiritual environment where the Word of the Gospel is joined with the Spirit of the Gospel - Word and Spirit given further meaning through the experience of Christian community and service.
• To provide a highly professional and Christian administration and teaching staff to serve as a model of Christian living to our students.
• To encourage parishioners to educate their children at our school and to invite active participation by parents/guardians in the education of their children.
• To promote academic growth and intellectual development to each student’s abilities.
• To provide an opportunity for creative and critical thinking in an environment where joy and eagerness in learning.
• Basic concepts and specific skills are taught.
• To positively encourage students to develop a feeling of self-worth so that they may grow into responsible, committed Christian citizens.
• To promote an awareness of and concern for social justice in today’s world.
• To provide opportunity for aesthetic growth in such fields as art, music, literature, science and math exploration.
• To provide a safe and wholesome environment for spiritual, academic, aesthetic, social and physical growth.
• To offer students the use of facilities, materials, and technology that encourage and enhance learning, including a library/media center, computer instruction and use, science exploration equipment, athletic equipment, artistic instruction and supplies, music instruction, and other instruments and technology deemed necessary and/or desirable.
• To develop the school as a center for use by families, teachers, and the parish community for cultural, civic, social, educational/informational, and religious activities.
• To provide for the positive interactive presence of the clergy with the children in the school.